Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, October 15, 2018

The Hunter Opening - Returning to Fanfiction Soon.

The Hunter

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight as I am not Stephenie Meyer. Since I am not her, I make no money from any fanfictions I post. I also don't own the Evernight Series by Claudia Gray which is part of the inspiration behind this story.

AN: I originally started writing this story in 2010 but removed it in 2015, it was only about a third of the way done. This was always a story that I wanted to finish but after awhile I wasn't a hundred percent happy with the direction I was taking it. So while this is a re-post... it's also going to be a rewrite.

Chapter 1 – The Return

It had been four years since my last visit. This wasn’t a visit though, this was business.

Nineteen years ago my mother had enrolled in Forks high, because she had been on a mission. A vampire had been stocking Port Angeles, and it was my mother’s first personal mission. She had been seventeen when she had enrolled as a senior, but had gotten in over her head, and not with the vampire. We could fight vampires; that was easy, once you learned how. She couldn’t, however, combat young love. She had prematurely gotten married, ended up pregnant, and I had been the product.

I, Bella Swan, had been a mistake, an accident. I had had it drilled into me a thousand times; I never should have been born, at least not then. My mother had always planned that she would eventually have a child, but she had always believed it would be the product between another hunter, never this. I was never meant to exist. Not that it mattered, I did, end of story.

My mother, Renee, was one of the strongest hunters in our group, and her husband, Phil, was the leader. I was on my first private mission, back in Forks. My father himself had called and told us of the vampires in Forks. It had been Phil, who had decided to send me here, and I had to admit that I was excited; my first true vampire hunt.

My father, Charlie, the chief of police, didn’t know that I was being sent out, he wouldn’t know until I knocked on the door. I knew he would freak when he realized that I was the hunter of choice.

I was driving my black Pontiac Solstice, which had been a birthday gift to me on my sixteenth birthday from my mom, to Forks. It was probably going to be the sweetest vehicle that the town of Forks had ever seen.

I only had three bags and my purse with me. My purse consisted of my wallet with all three of my fake IDs, my papers for school enrollment, my cash, my credit card, my cell phone, my IPOD, some basic makeup, a small vial of Calts Oil, and one tampon. In my first bag I had all the clothes and toiletry items that I needed. In my second bag were my laptop, and all the personal items that I took wherever I went. And in the last bag was my hunting gear.

Now vampires weren’t like the old myths tell you. Vampires wouldn’t burn in the sun, instead they sparkled. Holy water wouldn’t work, crosses wouldn’t work, stakes only work to kindle a fire, and forget everything else that you have ever heard. A vampire was like rock, so a bullet would do no good. They didn’t shy away from onions and garlic, and their eyes could be black, red, pink, or gold.

There was only one way to kill a vampire, burn it to ash, and spread the ashes. The only good vampire was a dead vampire. So no matter how handsome or sexy a vampire looked it was deadly.

Vampires didn’t have heartbeats; they didn’t have blood running through their system, and technically they didn’t need blood to survive.

Vampires were its, there were no he’s or she’s. No matter what sex they had when they were human, they were no longer human, and therefore no longer had a sex to mention.

A vampire didn’t have a conscience or morals, it wasn’t possible. Vampires could be convincing that they had emotions, but they didn't have those either.

Our hunting group specialized in vampires, but we knew of the other creatures out there, and we never lost sight of that. Our group was called Rose based off of Phil’s great great grandmother back when she had started our group.

I knew my father wasn’t going to like the fact that they had sent me, but we were currently short on numbers, and fifteen year olds were going out on hunts by themselves currently. We had been seriously depleted of manpower when one of our hideouts had been burnt to the ground with six men, seven women, and twelve children burned alive. The police said it was an accident but we all knew the truth – the soulless bastards burned one of our safe havens to the ground, and it only renewed my faith that we were doing the right thing.

On my left ring finger was a small diamond ring that I would remove before I started going to school. My fiancĂ©, Jeod, was currently in Oregon on his own assignment. I loved him, but it wasn’t in the way that people should get married for. He was only two years older than me and we grew up together, we had known each other our whole lives, but we were like brother and sister. Our marriage was more of a way to take one for the team, as less and less of the females chose to get pregnant. It took too much time away from our work to be pregnant for nine months and then raise a child for the next few years. Our group was slowly dying out though, so Jeod and I decided to marry and have a child. It was a mutual decision, and at least we loved each other in some way.

I pulled to a stop in front of my father’s house. It was the same paint job that it had had the last time I was here and I was shocked to feel a sense of relief. I hadn’t been in a place that I could even begin to consider as a home in almost a year, and though this wasn’t really a home either, it was the closest thing I had.

I got out and grabbed my bags before walking to the door and ringing the doorbell.

A moment later Charlie opened the door, his eyes widened. “Bella, what are you doing here?”

“You’re the one that needed a hunter, well here I am,” I said acerbically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.