Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, October 8, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part XVII~

I could have shifted and ran through the forest to get to the Cullens, but I ended up riding my motorbike to their place instead. I'd needed the time just to clear my mind as I still wasn't sure what I was going to say to them, and more specifically to Edythe. 

I started thinking about the patrols to keep Edythe out of my head when I got within what I believed to be her range of hearing. Even so, when I arrived at their house, she was waiting outside for me. 

"Why'd you ride to our place today?" Edythe asked, her eyes narrowed at me like she was trying to dissect some sort of problem.

"Beau's back." I refused to think ahead, trying to focus on anything but what I was going to have to tell her - and by extension the six others that were probably in the house eavesdropping.

"What? When?" Edythe asked, louder than necessary. 

"He showed up a few hours ago in La Push." Well, he waited for to come get him at the old border actually.

Edythe latched onto my errant thought. "Why did he wait for you at the treaty line?"

I remembered his red eyes even though I didn't want to. "I think he came looking for something. Maybe it was something that I'm not going to do, or maybe it's something that I actually can do. I don't know." I shook my head, working hard to not think the real reason why he'd come to me - what he'd really wanted me to help him with. "But, I'm pretty sure I'm not the one he actually needs, Edythe. I think - and you know exactly how much I hate saying this - but I think you should go to La Push and get him. Today."

Edythe frowned at me, not saying anything for a few seconds before finally responding, "He promised me he'd come back to me someday on his own and that he just needed time to think and sort out his life. If he went to you, he must believe that you are part of what he needs."

I let out an annoyed snarl at her words

To be continued...

For the record, there are only a two or three more pieces to this serial at the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.