Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, October 1, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part XIII~

I dragged Beau along through the forest until we reached my cabin, and I quickly ran through viable explanations for why my scent was everywhere in the area.

"I... umm... stay here from time to time -" in fact, I hadn't been at my mother's house in over two weeks, I saw no point in mentioning that "- but this is just an abandoned cabin, officially. It's part of my ancestor's property. My second great-grandmother's cabin, actually. Anyways, I think it will be a good place for you to stay. At least for now."

I waited for Beau to call me out on my lie. I wasn't all that good at lying to him to begin with and he was a vampire. I was sure my heart rate had picked up, if nothing else.

He just nodded his head though, accepting my explanation without any kind of disbelief on his part. 

I wanted to scream at him to act like my Beau, to notice the fact that I was lying to him and to call me out on it the way he was supposed to. I wanted to pummel my fists against his chest and beg him to snap the hell out of it. I wanted to make him act the right way again. But I swallowed it all down, because he was here, and as long as he was here, I could fix it. I'd fixed him before - after they'd abandoned him - and though this time the damage was clearly of his own making, I could do it again. I would do it again... because he was my friend... because I loved him... because someone had to.

It hadn't escaped my notice that Archie - the psychic - hadn't shown up.

"There's a small cot in the cabin, a chair, a table, and a small dresser. Why don't you go inside? I need to shift and tell the others that you're going to be staying here for awhile and also tell them about your... minor slip ups." I grimaced at the words, but I refused to admit - even to myself - that they were anything else. 

"Okay," Beau agreed softly. 

He seemed hundreds of miles away... if he was human I think I'd call him a vegetable. The lights were on, there was even someone answering the door, but whoever that someone was... it wasn't him. 

I forced those thoughts away as well, instead shoving him toward the cabin door and waiting until he went inside before I yanked my top off and shimmied out of my shorts to shift so I could get Lee over here to watch him so I could go talk to Sam... and the Cullens. I wasn't sure which conversation I was actually dreading more. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.