Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part XVI~

I arrived at Sam and Elliott's without any issues, quickly walking up to the front door and knocking on the door. 

I had barged in in the past without a specific request, but figured I owed a little bit of courtesy to her given what I was about to tell her. It wasn't going to change the fact that I was going to say it, but I felt guilty all the same.

It took a minute but Sam finally opened the door.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"Beau's come back. He's staying at my cabin. The only reason I'm notifying you is his eyes are a little -" a lot "- red at the moment. He made a mistake while he was away and he feels terrible about it." In fact, he wanted to die because of it, but I wasn't about to tell Sam that. "It wasn't anyone local, the person wasn't even on this continent. I know it goes against our beliefs, but I won't allow him to be killed just because he made a mistake." Or four, but I didn't see the point in sharing that detail. "He just needs time to get back on his feet."

Sam crossed her arms over her chest. "And if I disagree with your assessment?"

"Then you'll do what you have to. And I'll respond accordingly. Just know you won't like the price for harming him." I crossed my arms over my chest in mimicry of her.

"When are you going to stop protecting him?" Sam snarled.

"Look, if he attacks or kills anyone else then I'll handle him myself. But I won't condemn him to death for a mistake made halfway around the world. Especially since if he'd waited only a couple of weeks to come back none of us ever would have known. He came to get help. Let me do that."

Sam didn't say anything for a minute before finally grunting and shutting her door in my face.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.