Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part VII~

I grumbled one of my mother's favorite sayings in Quileute about eating one's own shorts. It appeared I'd have to be the adult and steer the conversation back on course. I wondered if my mom would be proud of me... or not. I was getting good at my position as alpha and chief leader... sadly I only seemed to be able to pull it off when dealing with shifter and vampire miscreants.

Edythe's lips twitched again.

"The fight Beau had with Victor and killed the Immortal Child was in this clearing." I pointed to it, trying to blatantly ignore the feeling of the ice cold bodies on either side of me. "Beau told me once that you called that place a baseball field."

Edythe looked at the map. "Yes, we played there when he watched one time - just before he was turned, in fact."

"So based on the different points that we've spotted and dealt with him, there doesn't really seem to be any central base. The points aren't any kind of uniform shape and they don't really have any one clear intersecting point that might be the eye of the situational storm."

Edythe arched an eyebrow at me and I blushed, praying to myself that she couldn't tell.

"What? I like CSI," I muttered under my breath, ducking my head.

"So where do we go from here, if we're going to work together?" It was Jessamine that asked.

"We can patrol Forks and La Push in pairs or trios. Embrianna and I are both already used to patrolling with Beau, so it won't be that hard for either of us to work with one of you. Quilla's never patrolled with Beau, but she was looking forward to it. It won't be hard to get her or Sarah on board to the idea." Now Lee on the other hand...

"And what about your male wolf, Lee?" Edythe asked, reading my mind again.

"He patrols alone. Or with me. No one else." The twelve hours it had taken for Embrianna to heal from the broken spinal he'd given her had taught me that one. "He's..." I looked for a nice way to say it, but finally just said, "Volatile."

"I can see that," Edythe murmured.

I grimaced. Just then the grandfather clock in their house rang out seven o'clock.

"Crap," I muttered, then spoke louder, "I have to go. My mom wants to go to Charlie's place today."

I spun and took off out the door before anyone could reply, but saw Edythe's raised eyebrow out of the corner of my eye.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.