Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Friday, September 14, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

After the last chapter but prior to the epilogue of Death and Rebirth, Julie Black, started to become friends with the Cullens. This friendship continued to develop in the two months after the epilogue but before the start of Rebirth and Affliction. A lot of stuff occurred during that almost three month time period.

After it is finished, this missing moment will be posted on FF and Ao3, but for the time being, it will be posted in short segments as a serial that is exclusively on my blog.


A Black Decision

~Part I~

My eyes flashed to the clock as I tried to wait until a reasonable hour to pay a second visit to the Cullens. It was 4:48 AM.

I didn't know where Beau was. I'd told them two days ago that I wanted to see him - that he could even tote his mate along if that was what it took to get him here. I wanted - no, I needed - to know he was alright. 

Anything could have happened to them while they were in Italy, and the fact that he hadn't been there when I'd gone to offer my white flag was truly terrifying to me. He was supposed to have been there.

Part of me was terrified that he'd done something stupid like stayed in Italy. It was so typically him. I didn't know if I'd be able to save him if that was what he'd done, but I would try anyways.  Someone had to, and it was obvious to me that his family wasn't doing it. If that was what was going on, anyways.

Of course, I couldn't be certain that was what was going on either. There was a possibility, though I couldn't see it, that now Edythe was back Beau had decided he had no desire to check on me anymore. It was possible my happiness and our friendship no longer meant anything to him. I couldn't see that as being the case though. Beau just wasn't like that. 

I sighed and looked at the clock, again. It was 4:52 AM - not even a remotely acceptable time to be going and paying a visit to someone. Or it wouldn't be if the someone was human... But they were vampires with no ability to sleep. I gave up trying to wait and opened my bedroom window, quickly climbing out.

I jogged over to the forest edge before ripping my shirt off over my head and quickly sliding out of my shorts. I knelt and quickly tied the clothes in my ankle strap before I focused on shifting to a wolf.

Lee's mental snort in my head was the first thing I heard as I raced off. 

Shut up, I snarled in annoyance, though there was no command behind my words. I wouldn't force someone to not have a mind of their own. I wouldn't.

He's with his own. You should leave him be. 

I didn't want Lee's opinions though. He's my friend, and he's a protector too. He belongs with more than just the bloodsuckers.

Lee snorted again, and I ignored him as he made some caustic mental remark I didn't care to hear.

I continued my run towards the Cullen house.

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.