Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, September 17, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part IV~

Don't you know him at all? I demanded mentally. 

"Of course I know him. I know him better than you, Jules." She was angry.

I didn't care, I was angrier. If you know him so well than why aren't you chasing him. When he says he doesn't want to be followed that means he needs it. 

"He's going to come back on his own. He doesn't need it."

I shook my head because she was wrong. Beau was a runner. I'd watched him do it often enough to know it was the truth, and I was familiar with the trait. I had two older brothers that were both runners. They'd both taken off the instant they could after the going got tough. But... I'll give him a month to get back here. And if he hasn't returned at that point and you aren't following him by then, I will. 

A month. Because there was a chance - a slim one, but still a chance - that Beau actually needed this time to himself. But if he wasn't back in a month then it was because he was running simply to run.

She hissed at me. "He can take however long he needs. You don't understand vampires."

I don't need to understand vampires. I understand Beau. Do you?

She crouched like she was intending to pounce on me, but I snorted derisively, because she wouldn't really attack me if she truly cared about him. Just like I wouldn't attack her. 

One month and you follow. Or I will. Your choice. I turned on my heel to leave, trotting away quickly.

I was almost in the forest when she spoke again.

"Wait. About Victor, do you have any idea where he's at?" 

Why do you want to know? I didn't turn to look at her. 

"Victor needs to die. And if he's dead before Beau gets back, then all the better."

I remembered what had happened to Kelly again. On that, you and I agree. Let me shift to human. 

I jogged the rest of the way into the cover of the forest.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.