Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~Part II~

The rest of my run was quiet, minus the grumbling from Lee - who I was studiously ignoring me.

When I arrived at the Cullens house, Edythe was outside, apparently waiting for me. She was alone.

Where's Beau? I thought furiously. I had been concerned on my first trip when she'd claimed he was hunting alone - even then, it hadn't sat right with me - but I'd passed it off as paranoia on my part.

"He's not here, Jules," she said softly, she was looking at me like I was a wounded animal.

He is NOT DEAD. It was the first thing that the concern in her eyes made my mind jump to, and I wouldn't accept it. I couldn't. Not after all I'd done to make sure he was alright, that he'd be able to live and be - if not entirely happy - then at least free of the misery that her abandoning him had caused.

She visibly flinched. "No, he's not. He's just not here."

Where then? I immediately started to wonder if he was in Italy still. I contemplated if I could ask for a loan to get a plane ticket to go there. I tilted my head to the side as I stared at her, knowing she'd heard my curiosity.

Her lips twitched slightly. "That wouldn't be a loan, Jules. A loan implies you'd live long enough to actually pay it back. And one of your kind going there would be a death sentence." She paused, pinching the bridge of her nose briefly. "Besides, he came back with us, he's just not here, anymore."

THEN WHERE IS HE? I was getting really pissed off. You might not care about him the way I thought you did, but I do. If you cared, he'd BE HERE. I remembered the carefully worded letter - one made to inflict pain without saying anything that couldn't be taken back later - remembered the CD case I'd unwrapped and the pained noise from him as I'd shown it to him, and I remembered the leather necklace with the little plastic bottle cap on it that I'd picked up off the forest floor to keep safe for him - for the day she returned to him.

Edythe's eyes flashed in anger. "I love him, mongrel. And if I couldn't tell that you cared deeply for him as well, I'd throw you off of my property for your callous insinuation."

I growled loudly. She wasn't answering my question.

"I don't know where he is, exactly, but he needed time to himself to figure things out so he's gone off on his own for awhile. He'll come back eventually."

Why'd he leave? I could only think of two things that would make him flee. One of the two was in front of me, and the other... I imagined my Beau with burgundy eyes.

"Yes, you're right. On both counts."

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.