Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Black Decision - A Missing Moment Serial

A Black Decision

~ Part III~

I shook my head. In spite of what I'd just thought, I couldn't believe it. He wouldn't kill a human.

"He didn't have a choice. The Volturi, our rulers, wanted proof that he was willing to do what was necessary. We wouldn't have made it out alive if he hadn't done it."

I got it instantly. Of course, saving your life would be the one thing that would send him that way.

She looked away, telling me that I was on the nose before she looked at me again. "He is and we are -" she waved her hand behind her at the house "- vampires, Jules. We are all capable of it. I know you know that."

Yes, he is physically capable of it, but it isn't who he is. I lifted my lip a little as I made my next comment. None of you are like that. 

"We aren't, but I'm surprised you see it that way."

I remembered Beau stopping mid attack as we'd been practicing fighting, remembered him distracting Victor so he wouldn't kill Jaelyn, and I remembered my conversation with Archie. I am not my ancestors. I am willing to learn, to grow to something than more than pure instinct. Besides, I have seen real evil. I remembered as Victor came out of the water and attacked Kelly, remembered the sound of her neck being snapped, remembered as his eyes turned towards Colette, and I remembered my stark fear as I worried I wouldn't reach them in time to save my cousin. You, whatever all of you are... you aren't that. I know the difference.

She looked at me with eyes - too humane and sad to being the cold blooded monster that our legends claimed.

Why didn't you chase Beau when he left? I thought before she could speak.

"He asked me not to."

She said it like it was the most obvious reasoning in the world, but I shook my head.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.