Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Dark Assassin Sneak Peek

A teaser of Chapter 1 - A New Day:

“DRAKE!” the irritated voice practically shouts. I turn to see him standing in one of his many suits. With his black hair, oblique eyes, and dark complexion – not to mention his six foot three frame – he gets plenty of people looking at him without even trying, both girls and guys. But currently he's glaring at me as if he's said my name a half dozen times. He probably has.

“Afternoon, Merrick,” I say to him.

“You have customers.” He manages to grind out, his irritation clearly growing even further.

I look forward for the first time and a young couple of maybe seventeen or eighteen stands in front of me. The boy's eyes clearly show just how weird he thinks I am, while the girl just stares at me with huge eyes. On the counter is two bag of chips and a couple of sodas. I quickly ring them up.

“A can of chew too,” the boy says.

I grab the one he asks for, but stop halfway to ringing it up. “ID please.”

He pulls out his wallet and hands me his supposed drivers license stating that he's eighteen. It's a clear fake as the picture is even on the wrong side. I just shrug though and ring it up like I don't really know that it's a fake. Of course, the boy had know idea how well I could tell that it was a fake.

I take the cash he hands me and shove it in the cash register, hand him his change, and then they leave.

“As cashier, isn't it your job to call the police in when you get a fake ID?” Merrick says.

I look at him again, my eyes saying it all before I even talk. “If I did that every time they'd have to have a cop placed in here full time as many times as I'd be calling.”

He chuckles hardily before responding, “I seriously doubt it's that bad.” His eyes are wandering the store checking how many customers there are even as I turn to my computer screen and shut off the camera that records where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.