Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Forever Protector Teaser 2

A small teaser of Forever Protector:

The legends stayed with me after we left the bonfire up on the cliff and walked along the beach.

“Is all of that why you believe I was meant to be your imprint?” I asked slowly, mostly unwilling but needing to know the answer, no matter what.

Jules didn't answer me immediately, kicking a rock with her feet as we continued a walk. Finally she shrugged and said, “Maybe, I don't know, Beau. I can't really begin to explain it. All I know is that you're important to me... and that I love you. And I know hearing those words makes you uncomfortable, but I can't really deny them.”

I sighed. “Jules, you know I should leave, don't you? It's wrong of me to stay. Our feeling are different, and eventually others are going to get old enough to shift. If me – my kind – truly cause it... Well staying here is the last thing I should do.”

“I disagree.”

I arched an eyebrow at her, I'd never heard her give a different theory for why they turned.

“Not about you being the cause of us shifting, but you leaving because of it. The world's changing, Beau. I can feel it. There's what, over twenty newborn vampires in Seattle? We still don't know what they're being made for... I think our tribe needs to change with the changes of the world, which means we're going to continue to need protectors. You cause us to turn, so you need to be here.”

“Is that even fair on the next generation? They potentially have a chance at a normal life.”

“It's about the same as asking if love is fair or war... or any number of other subjects.” She shrugged again. “Stay, Beau. You have nowhere else to really go anymore, and you will do good here.”

“I already promised to stay for the night.”

“I know, but I want you to stay permanently.”

I closed my eyes momentarily. “I can't promise forever, Jules, and their may come a day when you don't want this half relationship that we seem to be stuck in. Let's just take it one day at a time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.