Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Friday, November 9, 2018

Easter Eggs

One of the things I have found in movies, books, shows, games, and even songs are what some people kindly refer to as Easter Eggs. An Easter Egg is a casual or sly reference or image of another show, book, game, etc. For anyone who has ever watched Supernatural they do it all the time, the Disney Moana showed a very brief flash of Sven the reindeer from Frozen, the Naughty Dog Uncharted games have hidden Precursor Eggs from their previous game series Jak & Daxter, and I could name many more.

Over the years that I've been writing I tend to do it myself. I've done it several times in my continuation of Life and Death by making casual references to things from the different Twilight Saga movies and books. I also on occasion use characters and other small pieces from some of my own previous fanfics.

Most recently I made a comment in It's A Twin Thing by Alice where she references that as far as she knows, Beau could have been bitten by a radioactive spider when he was a kid. So that would be a little nod of hat to Twilight.

I'm hardly the only author that does this and I do see it on occasion with other fanfic authors.

What Easter Eggs come to your mind when you think of the numerous media types out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.