Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Why Twilight?

I've had people tell me in the past that I must really love Twilight. I've also had people ask why I write the stories I do and I've had people insinuate that I'm pro Edward or that I'm pro Jake, etc, etc.

So I thought I'd talk about this. And I'd start with the first piece. I do not love or even like Twilight. And I never will. That's not to say I hate Twilight, because I don't.

The Twilight Saga is interesting, intriguing, etc. The books and the movies, in my opinion, are neither good nor bad. They are, however, compelling.

The first thing about Twilight that I recognized is that the series is about somebody average. Somebody normal. Which is extremely different from almost any other book series out there that I've read/am familiar with. In most books, the main character is extraordinary in some way.

Now, it's true, by the end of second book it's pretty obvious she's not as ordinary as it feels in the first, and by the end of the final book it's clear as day. But, big BUT, it's that first book that can compel a reader to continue. So that's what pulled me in, the ordinariness of it. The fact that it's a character who almost anybody can associate with.

And it's because of the compelling nature of the first book that I pull the books out and reread them every few months.

It's also why I write about Twilight. It's compelling.

But it is not one of my favorite books, it's not in my top one hundred or even my top thousand. Then again, I'll never write a fanfic about something I truly love (with one exception from more than nine years ago, and I'll call that the frustrations of a twenty-three year old and leave it at that).

I'm not the type to change something that is already amazing.

I'm also not the type to write fanfics about stuff that I hate (again there's been an exception and there probably will be one more at some point in the future)

If Twilight ever stops compelling me, I'l probably give up writing about it. I don't see that happening any time soon though.

Now, as to what team I am. I'm Team Mike. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.