Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Hunter Sneak Peek

A brief teaser of Chapter 4 - Room:

Sighing, I checked out where I'd placed everything to make sure it was all perfectly organized. My bedroom had a dresser with three drawers and I'd placed the most important things on the very top. It was all the jewelry Jeod had given to me. The jewelry went from left to right starting with my teardrop sapphire necklace, then my engagement ring, a pair of ruby earrings, an emerald bracelet, an amethyst pin, and finally a topaz brooch. I carefully fingered each piece of jewelry, briefly remembering the excitement as I'd opened each for the first time, remembering the happiness and joy upon discovering a normal girly gift instead of yet another weapon or whatever else my mother or Phil had given me. All of them were a beautiful reminder of a happiness caused by an innocence which had been torn from me. I finally fingered the brooch, looking at it bitterly – the only sour piece mixed in with all the beauty. Jeod had tried so hard last September to keep the tradition alive, but he should have known... nothing would ever be the same after the end of last March.

After I was done looking at my jewelry, I opened the first drawer and started to verify my clothes were set out properly. My clothes were set into three rows, starting with shirts in the first row, carefully organized in a gradient color arc, starting with black and ending with white. Almost all of my shirts were tees, but there were a couple of red blouses and a dark gray sweatshirt mixed in. The second row were pants which were organized in the same color gradient – the pants were all jeans except for one set of black sweats. And the final row was my underwear, lingerie actually, also organized by color. To anyone on the outside, if they saw how everything placed – not to mention the fact that I was going through it all – they'd probably assume I was OCD, but it wasn't about some sort of need for perfection, it was about a need for simplicity. I needed to be able to pack everything fast if it came down to it. I shut the drawer and opened the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.