Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Shadowed Abyss, Chapter 1 - Pursuer, A Blast From The Past

So, it's been awhile since I've posted A Blast From The Past, but this is a flashback of one of my stories that I removed from FF, it was both my shortest full length story and my most read, Shadowed Abyss. For a summary of the story, you can check The Archives page of my blog.

Below, the first chapter, revamped to read smoother. Enjoy



Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or the characters in it.

Ch 1 – Pursuer
Bella POV

I was somewhere in southern California, enjoying my hunt.

It had been twenty-some odd years since I was changed. I didn’t remember much of my human life. The only thing I remembered with clarity was the burning that had occurred during the transformation. I couldn’t remember what my parents looked like or what they’re names were. I couldn’t remember what most of my friends had been like, though I did remember one name, Jacob. I believed he was the one I had been closest to before I was changed.

The only thing I really could remember was the name of the hunter that changed me. It was a man named Laurent, and I had no idea why he hadn't killed me. I had just been left out in the forest, and after three days of an agonizing change I finally was able to move. I ran away from Forks, my only thought at the time was my need to protect the ones I loved.

At the time, I had cared. Now, I couldn’t care less.

I remembered one other thing from my human life, there had been – for a while – a group of vampires that lived in Forks. They were different than me though, they hunted animals and not humans. I remembered I had once wanted to be one. I now couldn’t even imagine it with the hunt thick in my mind. Animals smelled bland and, frankly, I’d never hunt one.

I preferred the luscious smell and flavor of the humans. I was a savage and I hunted as I pleased. I didn’t remember their names, or why I had ever wanted to be like them. My subconscious very much blocked me from those memories – as if they were too painful to remember. I was hardly able to recollect my own name now, it was Bella, but I didn’t care. I called myself something else, I called myself The Pursuer. It was my name now, not some feminine frilly ladies name that I couldn’t begin to fathom why I had ever been given it.

I was thirsty and searching for someone to drink.

Alice POV

It had been twenty-six years since we had left Bella. After the first five years – which somehow Edward had managed not to return to her in – Esme had convinced Edward to return to us. He almost always stayed in his room and sulked.

Unfortunately, even if we did return now, she most certainly had either moved on or died. I had followed Edward’s wishes and had not watched over her future; whenever there had been a vision of her I had stopped it in my tracks. I from time-to-time wondered how she was but I resisted the urge to see how she was.

Us leaving Bella had had disastrous effects. Emmett never joked, Rosalie never worked on cars, Carlisle never read books, Esme never designed houses, Edward never talked, Jasper was always depressed, and I had withdrawn from everyone – even Jasper.

I felt Jasper come into our bedroom then, and I couldn’t remember the last time we had made love, though I knew it had been years. Jasper sat down on the bed.

“Come here Alice,” Jasper said.

I moved over to the bed and sat down but didn’t speak.

Jasper spoke again. “Alice, we need to stop this madness. I don’t care what Edward says, I want you to look into Bella’s future. This has to end, I can’t take it anymore.”

I looked at him with sad eyes. “It won’t help Jazz, It’s too late. Twenty years ago maybe we could have done something but too much time has elapsed.”

“I don’t care, Alice. Look anyways,” he said.

I shut my eyes and put my fingers against my temples. I looked to Forks and ended up in the cemetery.

There was an older male of about sixty kneeling over a gravestone. I vaguely recognized him as Charlie. In front of him the stone said:

Isabella Marie Swan
September 13th, 1987 – March 11th, 2006
To a beloved
friend, and daughter.

Charlie was hunched over crying with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

I pulled myself out of the vision and began to shake. It couldn’t be. It wasn’t possible. Bella couldn’t have died. I tried again and this time I was pulled into another vision.

A female with long brown hair and bright red eyes was stocking a human. She moved toward the human with speed and aggressiveness. The human who was a young girl of probably fourteen spun around, “Who are you?” the girl stammered.

The woman hissed, “The Pursuer.” Then she lunged and shoved the girl to the ground at which point she tore open the neck and began drinking.

I once again forced myself out of a vision. I was shaking uncontrollably and realized I was dry sobbing. All my family – even Edward – was in the room. I could tell from his face that he hadn’t been listening into my vision though.

I couldn’t get a hold of my shaking. Jasper pulled me tight. “What did you see?” he asked.

“Bella,” I choked out.

Edward growled. “What about Bella? You weren't supposed to look into her future.”

Jasper growled back. “I asked her to. I couldn’t take it any more – this depression is driving me wild.” Jasper looked back at me. “What about her?”

“I looked into Forks’ future. I ended up at the cemetery where I read Bella’s gravestone.” I shook my head as everyone gasped. “I couldn’t believe what I saw, so I tried again this time looking for Bella directly.” I let out another sob and started shaking even harder. “I found her or what’s left of her anyways.”

“What does that even mean?” Edward asked.

“Look for yourself,” I said and I let the vision I just had run through my mind again.

“It can’t be,” Edward exclaimed. “Even if she was… She would never… I mean she wouldn’t… That can’t be right…” He continued only halfway coherent.

“What exactly did you see, Alice?” Carlisle asked.

“Bella, she’s a vampire.” I took in a deep breath. “But not like us, she’s a monster.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.