Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Twilight Parents

There's all of nine living parents actually mentioned in the Twilight Saga.

Those parents include:

  • Charlie Swan
  • Renee Dwyer
  • Carlisle Cullen
  • Esme Cullen
  • Karen Newton
  • Billy Black
  • Sue Clearwater
  • Harry Clearwater (mentioned all of twice before his death)
  • and Joshua Uley (mentioned once, I think)
And that's it.

Other parents are referred to but never named in the books (E.G. Tiffany Call), and some were mentioned in outtakes (E.G. Mrs. Stanley).

So, here's the thing, out of all these parents, I'm not really impressed with many of them. In my opinion, most of the parental figures were a joke. 

I could go down the list on the shortcomings most of these characters have. (I mean they seriously all have them - from absenteeism to lack of concern to barbie mom)

But instead I thought I'd talk about the ones who didn't fail as much as the rest. I don't often show it, because I tend not to use either of them that much, but I find both Sue and Karen to be good parents. They both seem to put into real effort, both seem to care.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see a lot when it comes to Karen, mostly just her working (ironic that she seemed to be the one always there when supposedly her and her husband both owned it). She really only makes a couple of comments throughout the entire series, but there's nothing disparaging about her. What little we get to see of her, she seems like a legitimately decent character.

We get to see more of Sue than Karen, though not by much. One thing that is very evident about Sue, is her desire to protect her kids. Perhaps she's overprotective... but given that both her kids are shapeshifters, the mother in me is saying there's no such thing. 

I wish there'd been more of both of them in the saga.

Now, I will say this, I don't dislike most of the other parents, I just find the examples that were displayed in the story to be very lackluster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.