Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Friday, May 3, 2019

Minor Saga Characters Part 1

So, among the Twilight Saga, there's a set of characters that I have an extreme fascination with, and those are the 'one line' characters. Some of the characters who got nothing more than the briefest of mention, are some of the most intriguing to me.

One of my all time favorites is Benito, who I think was actually more like a three-liner, was the first vampire in the west hemisphere to come up with the idea of turning newborns for the sole purpose of fighting other vampires to gain territory. He is assumed dead, because after the "influenza and cholera" black out of the 1830s, the Volturi came in and eradicated the problem, but my assumption is that they actually recruited him. That type of ingenuity is not something that can be taught, and I'd believe Caius, if not Aro himself, would see the value of Benito.

A slightly more than mentioned character who is a favorite of mine is J. Jenks. For some reason, being introduced to this human lawyer who knew entirely too much, tilted the entire universe on the Twilight Saga on its axis. The general from the start of the first book, up through most of the fourth book, was that Bella was the first person they broke the rules with, but Jenks and his unnamed old partner changes that. Sure, Jenks may not know precisely what they are, but he definitely knows enough to be considered a liability.

Another that I like, or at least like to mess with, is John Dowling, a character of dubious mention who we only learn about because of Austin Marks' little brother when she acquires the broke down motorcycles from him. Nearest we can tell, Dowling is the only mechanic in Forks, and because he has the ownership of that market, he is extremely overpriced. I think it's his line of work that draws me to him, because my grandfather and his three brothers all worked on vehicles.

A less recognized one, and I mean seriously less as there's not even an article on her in the Twilight Saga Fandom site, is Jessica from first beach. This is not Jessica Stanley, this was another character with the same name who we assume was from La Push. She never gets a mention other than during Bella's first ever visit to First Beach, and it's almost because of the fact that she's so obscure that she interests me so much.

From Bree's novella, there's Fred, one of only three to survive, and easily the most interesting. I wish that, instead of being Bree's story, it had been Fred's. As I'd have loved to see what had happened to him after he fled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.