Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Rebirth and Affliction Sneak Peek

Another brief teaser of Chapter 16 - Epoch:

My brow furrowed when a smell hit me which I wasn't expecting.

It wasn't necessarily because it was a wolf, so much as which wolf it was. I stepped away from the tree and turned in the direction the scent.

“Sarah? Why are you here?”

A wolf separated itself from its hiding place behind a tree before there was a silent vibration in the air I recognized immediately. I spun away instantaneously. I'd seen Jules naked more than once with the way she'd shifted between wolf and human freely around me, but Jules was sixteen where Sarah was only fourteen and I had no desire to see her naked.

I heard the shuffling of what sounded like soft cloth and smelled the scent of cotton on the air but didn't turn around.

“What gave me away?” A slightly wounded voice asked.

I snorted. “You smell carried to me but even if it hadn't, Sarah, once I'd started to pay better attention I would have recognized your heartbeat and known a wolf was nearby.”

“Seriously? My heartbeat?”

I rolled my eyes, though she couldn't see it. “You know enough about vampires by now – and me specifically – to know how astute our senses are.”

She sighed and I knew without looking that she was likely pouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.