Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, February 18, 2019

Rebirth and Affliction Sneak Peak

A second brief teaser of Chapter 15 - Wager:

I rolled my eyes, scooting along her daybed until my back hit the wall before spinning to have my feet and legs against it while I laid on my back. “If you can't appreciate Wuthering Heights the normal way, reading it upside down isn't going to help you any.”

“Maybe I will, with the letter n now looking like a u and the letter m now looking like w and vice versa for both, there's a certain comedy of errors here.”

I tilted my head back just enough to look at her. “I might believe that insight if you were human, but with our IQ being however high it is that book could be upside down, inverted, and in code and you'd still be able to read it just fine.”

Her lips lifted in a slight – heart-stopping, if I still had a heartbeat – smile. “You're right, but let me pretend for a minute. I'm trying to get what you see in books like this.” She nodded her head toward the floor beside her.

From my position, I couldn't see the books sat on the floor, but I knew which books she'd brought in with her when she'd come into the room a couple of hours ago.

“Have you ever read a modern novel that romanticizes adventure? Heck, that romanticizes romance? Those books, they're poetic and give justice to love and heartbreak, pain and suffering, the thrill of moment, etc. It's not the kind of writing you see in a modern novel.”

“What on earth is romanticized in this novel? The entire story is a plot for revenge.” Edythe asked, staring at.

“Of course you wouldn't get it.” I shook my head. “I bet Victor would,” I said almost purely on instinct before frowning as that thought sunk in a little farther. “I'm not sure what that says about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.