Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Music and Writing

Music is one of my biggest go-to's when I write, though I have been known to put an audio book, show, or movie on in the background, music is the biggest thing I use.

Recently, I had someone recommend a couple of songs by Blackbriar to me. I've listened to Blackbriar in the past and the main singer, Zora Cock, has this beautiful soul-filled voice, and I have no issues listening to gothic and grunge music. Some of my favorites to listen to are Evanescence and Within Temptation.

But, I must admit it's a music style that I have to be in the mood for in order to listen to. The truth is, I'll listen to any music if I'm in the mood to. That includes everything from Christmas music to rap to death metal. I have no limitation. If I'm in the mood to hear it, I can listen to Bodies by Drowning Pool on never ending repeat. Similarly, I may listen to songs like Better Man by Little Big Town or Hard Hearted Hannah (The Vamp of Savannah).

The thing is, I have to be in the mood to listen to it, and often times what I'm listening to is opposite of what I'm writing. So if I'm writing something that's extremely sad, violent or angry, I'll be listening to upbeat pop, but when I'm writing fluff or lemons I'm usually listening to really sad songs. It's just the type of person I am.

I need something that gets me out of my head, so if I'm writing a lemon, listening to Bilingual by Jose Nunez is going to do the opposite of get me out of head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.