Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Missed You Just Right, Part IV


Part IV 

I'm not sure if you saw the articles about what was happening in Seattle back in the late spring and early summer of 2006. Even if you did, I must assume that you weren't aware what they were about. I know it took me a long time after what happened to figure it out. 

Victoria created an army in Seattle, I'm assuming because she found the wolves to difficult to get through without help.

That summer, they attacked. It was a terrifying day, filled with pain and tragedy, but we did win. The wolves defeated the pink-eyed vampires and killed Victoria. Though... it wasn't without losses.

I stopped writing, remembering the days that followed as Collin, Brady, Seth, and Embry were all buried. I still wondered, if I'd managed to figure out what Victoria was planning, could I somehow of stopped it?

I shook my head, focusing back on the letter I was writing.

In the weeks that followed, I broke it off with Jake, left Forks, and headed down to a Liberal Arts school in Tacoma. I went there to become a teacher, though I suppose I should tell you now, I ended up deciding against it. Instead, I went against everything most Liberal Arts colleges tend to believe it and ended up becoming a cop. That's right, I now carry a gun, though you don't have to worry, I've grown out of the clumsiness I had as a teen. 

I shared a dorm with a girl named Vanessa Starrett, and a few months after I started school Jake decided to visit. I suspect, though he and I have never talked about it, that he was planning to convince me to take him back. It never got that far though, because when he met Vanessa it was love at first sight. In the wolves they call it imprinting. 

I wish I could say that I was instantly happy for my friend and my roommate, but I must admit, it was a bitter-sweet pain. Still, for the next two years, for the most part everything seemed right with the world... 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.