Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, February 11, 2019

Missed You Just Right, Part II


Part II

I headed into the bedroom of our son, Ephraim, now just over two years old. I was still amazed he existed or that I'd be having a girl in a few short months. Jacob and I had been through hell and back, and I wasn't sure which us had been through worse. 

Just over seven and a half years ago, he and I had dated for a few short months, but I'd been accepted with a full ride scholarship to the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, and so I'd broken it off with him. He'd been my crutch and so it had killed me to walk away, but I'd known there was better for him out there, and so I'd done what was best for him. 

I'd been roomed with a girl by the name of Vanessa Starrett and a few months after I started, Jake came down to visit. He'd imprinted on her at first sight, but the truth was, all the magic world couldn't have changed her fate. 

Vanessa had been clinically depressed, something neither he nor I had known over the course of the next two years. It wasn't until she took her own life that we found it out, before that, I'd never understood how someone could miss the signs of people being suicidal, but it turned out some people were just really good at hiding it. It was the pain of our dual loss that brought us back together and ultimately started the relationship that we'd been in for the last four years.

I pulled my son out of his crib and headed into the living room so he could play with some of his toys while I worked on the letter that I'd been planning to write for some time now, and for some reason, today felt like it was fitting. I wanted to close that chapter of my life. 

I put Ephraim down and he immediately grabbed his stuffed dog, pulling it into his arms. I smiled widely at the sight, quickly mussing up his hair with my hand before turning and walking over to my desk. 

I sat down and pulled out the pen and parchment paper I'd purchased just for the letter.

I frowned for a moment before I put the pen to the paper.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.