Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Necromancy in the Fifth Sneak Peek

A brief teaser of Chapter 1:

I could feel him, the same way I always could, pushing at the veil to be let out – except today, the feeling was stronger than ever. It always was on the birthday we had once shared. The same day that his life had so abruptly ended, as it so happened.

I could never forget what it had felt like when I'd perverted the gift I'd been born with and used the power of all the spirits in the forest to shove Edward into the ravine. My parents both had told me again and again how it hadn't been my fault. Both Edward and I had come into our full powers at far too young. But it didn't matter how many times I was told that it had simply been a tragic mistake, because the reality was, I'd known what I was doing.

In a moment of childish rage, exasperated by the fact that he'd been trying to make bees attack me only moments prior, I'd struck him with my hands and used my gift to send him flying. In truth, I'd just wanted to hurt him the same way he had done to me many times before, but I'd felt it the instant he'd died.

And he'd remained tether to me ever since. My parents, Renee and Charlie, were unaware of that part as I'd never shared it with them. I knew how they would feel if they ever discovered the truth. I'd heard them say again and again that it was our job as necromancers to help spirits find rest. To bind one to myself the way I had done, or perhaps he had done – I still wasn't sure on which of us controlled it – was an extreme perversion of my gift.

But Edward was my twin, my soul mate... the other half of me. In all honesty, I hadn't fully realized just how much a part of me he truly was until after he was dead. But now that I knew, I couldn't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.