Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Inspiration Behind It's A Twin Thing

So, as I already mentioned in the last chapter part of the inspiration, specifically the part that has to do with their very unique mental connection, is one of the oldest and most common folktales in the world. Throughout mythology, fables, myths, etc... there are myths of a parent or a village elder giving up their life, their very soul even, so that a young child with no will of it's own could survive. Working from that idea, what if the life that was give was another child instead? If Bella's soul was used to revive Beau, than is she the spirit-self (or shadow-self) or is he? So there's some open ended interpretation here, but you can decide whichever way you wish. I will say this, that though they share a spirit, they are both in fact human in one way at least – wherein they both bleed, age, and can potentially die.

But more than that, is the fact that because I've written Twilight stories for ten years now, I've written a lot from Bella's perspective, and far more recently (as in about a year and a half ago) I started writing a continuation of Life and Death, which of course means the perspective is from Beau. Even though the two characters are supposed to be gender-swaps of each other, I so far have found them to not be quite the same. That, in large part, inspired me to mesh them.

But I didn't just want to make another Twilight remakes, I wanted to push forward and past the normal world of Twilight, introduce types of supernaturals - and even  other-natural. As I continue the story, I hope I inspire people to think outside the box and take stories, be they fanfiction or original fictions in routes other than what has become essentially tradition.

On the other end of that though, for the purposes of my story, I want you to question what is? and what isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.