Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Movies Based on YA Novels

So I wanted to touch on a slightly touchy subject. Books that have been turned into movies. The reality is that books have been being turned into movies ever since film existed. One of the earliest movies of course being Sherlock Holmes Baffled, produced in 1900. Another early one being Nosferatu, a German rendition of Dracula made in 1922. And of course, one of most famous book to movie transpositions ever was Gone With The Wind in 1939 (and The Wizard of Oz was also released that year in film).

But in the last couple of decades there have been dozens upon dozens of movies and shows based on books. Some of which have been booming successes, such as the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Twilight Saga, the Harry Potter Series, and the Hunger Games Trilogy.

There have been several which I love that were so far from being successful that they were actually major flops.

First and foremost, I love the movie Eragon. Mind you, I'm not comparing it to the books when I say that, I actually watched the movie before I read the books and as such I'm able to enjoy it. When I watch Eragon, I think of it as it's own thing and not as a rendition of a book.

I've also fallen in love with are Blood & Chocolate, which if you are going to watch it, watch it with the understanding that the only similarity between the movie and book are the names. The book was based in the United States while the movie was based in Romania. In the book the savior is Gabriel while in the movie the saviors are Vivian and Aiden and Gabriel is ultimately the bad guy. The stories are completely different, but I love both the movie and the book.

The rest of these movies that I like, I actually have never read the books (at least not more than a couple of pages at most) and I think that's part of why I enjoy them. Some of those are The Golden Compass,  Beautiful Creatures, Beastly, Mortal Instruments, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Fallen (2006), Fallen (2016), Bridge to Terabithia, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and I Am Number Four,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.