Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, January 19, 2019

A Quick Note on The Emotional Roller Coaster Of Life

So this is a little about why I made it a drabble fic. I'll be the first to admit I haven't read a lot of drabble fics. In fact, in my ten years of reading fanfics, I think I've read four or maybe five of them. Of those, I don't think any of them did chapters as long or as detailed as I'm doing.

I know I read one where every chapter was approximately seventy-five words, and to me there's just no way to capture every thing that needs to be captured in such a short amount of words.

Originally, The Emotional Roller Coaster Of Life was actually supposed to have much bigger chapters, fitting everything that would happen in a day into the same chapter. Of course, in that original version, everything was in first person (and if you look through the first thirty chapters you may catch a couple errors where it's still in first).

For me though, I'm all about challenging myself, putting myself outside of my comfort zone, trying new things, etc. So not only is this story the first AH fanfic I've ever written, but I wanted to push my limits in other ways too. That's why this story deals with a lot of things that go on in the real world every day; ptsd, depression, drug abuse, infidelity, phobias, racism, adoption, etc.

When I finally figured out where I wanted this story to start, in the prolegomenon set five years before the first chapter, it was what inspired me to break this down into a drabble-esque fic. I decided to set limits and try to stay in them as best as possible. My limits, of course, was no less than 300 words and no higher than 1000. (I'll be the first to admit I've failed several times)

I wanted to set about a story where every chapter, while short, had both a clear start and clear end, as well as every chapter having meaning and depth. There is no unimportant chapter.

So it may not be a traditional drabble because the chapters are significantly longer than normal ones, but it is  still a drabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.