Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Unable to Reply

So, like all fanfiction authors, I occasionally get guest reviews which are allowed on both Ao3 and FFN.

Ao3 allows review threads so I can respond directly to them. Unfortunately, I can't do the same for guest reviews on FFN.

With that being said, today I got the following review:

So, no definite conclusion to this story. I have to say that while I accept that this is your ending, I don't care for it. These types of ending are so unsatisfying. Even if you say it was always your intention, it leaves the impression you either didn't know how to end it or you were afraid to end it the way you wanted for fear of backlash from your readers or you were trying to suck up to all the readers by leaving it so open that anyone could make anything out of it they wanted. I'm an hea girl, but would have preferred a non-hea over something like this. To me this says the author has lack of faith and conviction in her own story.

To this reader, who I don't know, obviously you've never ready anything of mine before, because open endings are my jam.

I love endings that leave a reader wondering what happens next, that leave enough space that if, someday in the future, I want to continue it, I can. It's why a good majority of my one-shots are left with questions unanswered. And though I don't do it as often with my full length stories, it is truly what I prefer, because to me, nothing is less satisfying than when a story ties everything up. 

This is a personal preference, and I completely understand that not many people feel the same. But never doubt that I have the conviction to complete a story to my satisfaction. Trust me, it is one of the most terrifying things to choose to close a story, knowing readers are going to hate me from both sides because I decide to not tie everything up in a bow one way or another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.