Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Friday, July 12, 2019

ArchieVerse

So, this is a weird topic for me, but I just started watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I'm only five episodes in, so I'm not going to review it or anything, but this show is so different from the nineties sitcom, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (literally one of the only sitcoms I've ever watched). It's also different from the cartoons, Sabrina: The Animated Series and The Secret Life of Sabrina. In spite of reading the Archie comics when I was younger, I don't remember Sabrina all that well in them, but I know Archie never had the feeling that this show does. 

Chilling Adventures is dark, the connotations are not pretty, and the backing I must assume they're using for the basis of the show is the kind of stuff that brought about the mass hysteria of witch trials (for the record, Salem is hardly the only place to have held witch trials). I think if I had watched this show as a kid, it might have actually scared me - on another note, my parents would have killed me if they'd caught me watching it, not a joke. But now, I'm just disturbed by it. I'm disturbed by the message that I'm receiving from it, disturbed by the fact that it is painting paganism as an inherently evil religion. Even more so because it's not the first show like it. I'm definitely going to finish watching what's so far available. But I don't know if I'll bother to watch the third season when it comes out. 

With that said, I'm going to move into Riverdale. I just finished the third season a few days back. And I want to say this. Riverdale is extremely unrealistic. But if you like teenage MELODRAMA, then this is the show for you. In fifty-seven episode, there hasn't even been one that wasn't jam packed full with it. This show also shares virtually nothing with the comics that it's based on. Sure, you get the characters Archie, Betty, Veronica, etc. But that's where the similarities end. I will say, I do like the show, it feeds the same petty part of me that shows like Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl did. 

And this fall they will be introducing the third show in the ArchieVerse, that show is Katy Keene. So far all that's been shown is the world's most simplistic teaser trailer, but I'm assuming, based on the characters it's going to revolve around, that it will be even more melodramatic than Riverdale is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.