Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Friday, June 7, 2019

Book Highlight

So I've mentioned before that I'm a huge supporter of the LGBT community and since this is pride month, I thought I'd highlight a favorite slash author of mine.

And that is Garrett Leigh.

For people who don't know who Garrett Leigh is, she's a slash author with possibly some of the best books I've ever read, both slash and non. She's written and published a total of 30 full-length stories, with a 31st coming soon, and 6 shorts.

There isn't even one of them that's bad in my mind.

In some ways, I don't know where to start when it comes to talking about her writing. I suppose though, I should start with the beginning. Her first book ever was Slide, which went on to have two more stories and three shorts (Rare and Circle; Marked, Freed, and Air). The series, called Roads, is about Pete, an emt, and Ash, a tattoo artist. And the series shows they're journey to finding each other and, more importantly, keeping each other. The original books in this series have recently undergone an overhaul to re-finesse the finer details in her first books. I've read both versions and they're both good.

Her most recent book is Kiss Me Again which literally came out today (as such, I haven't finished reading it yet... about halfway through, paused to write this). It deals with Ludo, who has bi-polar disorder, and Aiden, an arborist (a tree doctor), and their budding relationship which starts out in the hospital. It is truly a beautiful story with dozens of feels and so far I am greatly enjoying the read.

Honestly I could go through every one of her books and praise them all and truly believe people should read all of her stuff. But, if I was to recommend just three, those would be:

Finding Home, which is her only YA book, and I think because of the fact that it is YA, it's truly a measurement of how good of an author she really is, because it is just as captivating (if not more) as all the rest of her books.

The second one would be Only Love. This book is the ultimate testament of emotional pain and feels and is probably one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

Finally, the third one I'd recommend is Misfits, which may not be for everyone as it is a polyamorous story, but I truly believe it shows a beautiful tale of the ability to love more than one person and how sometimes three people in a relationship can truly be feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.