Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, March 23, 2020

Forever Protector Final Teaser - A Rebirth and Affliction Alternate Reality

Back a while ago, I started working on this particular Alternate Reality, but things happened (my flash drive broke) and the end result was that I lost almost all of it, except for the two teasers I'd posted on this blog a while ago (you can use the tag, Teaser, or the tag, Alternate Reality, if you want to view those). I've finally started reworking it, and while I'm not sure it's identical to what it was originally, I'm happy with what I've written.

For now, I'm offering one final Teaser to this Alternate Reality.


"Anyway, I need to go talk to the Cullens in person. I owe it to them to explain my decision in person.”

“You owe them nothing.” Jules' scowl was pronounced. “They were the ones who screwed you over.”

“Yes, I do. They gave up a lot for what they thought of me to be to Edythe. The fact that it turned out to be untrue is unimportant. Don't worry, I'll be back.”

I got up from where I was sitting in the sand next to her and sped off.

The run through the forest was one I'd made many times before, back when the Cullens had abandoned me. However, I couldn't help but wonder if this would be my last time making the trip.

Edythe met me outside of the house, her voice solemn. “Archie's told me your future is solidly black – that nothing I can say or do, as far as he can see, will change that.”

“They need me here, and it turns out that when I put my mind into being a protector with them that I'm quite good at it. Besides, we both know your family doesn't need me.”

“That's not true. I need you. I'll always need you.”

I smiled, wondering if she heard the rough edge in her voice which read as untrue to me. “Maybe some part of you still needs the human boy you started to fall for before I was turned, but I think it's past time we both accept that I'm not him. I've changed in a lot more ways than just going from having a beating heart to not.”

“When you left, you promised you'd someday come back, Beau.”

“I did.” I walked away from her, looking out into the forest. “It wasn't a lie. I had every intention of coming back to you. But I think we both know why I can't. When we were with the Denalis, you and Taavi were a thousands times more comfortable – more natural – together than you and I ever were. Honestly, there was more familiarity with you and Ivan, and you and Kirill, than ever with me. And most recently, I saw you briefly with a redhead here.”

“I've known all of the Denalis for more than seventy years, Beau. Of course, there's a familiarity with them. Even Magnus, I've known for more than sixty.”

It put a name with the man I'd seen. I ignored the implication that was being insecure and foolish. I knew what I'd seen, and I'd had plenty of time to think it over.

“I want you to be happy, Edythe, and I don't think I'm ever going to be what gives that to you.”

“You're wrong!”

It would be beyond easy to believe her, but I could see the dangerous loop that would lead to. I knew now, no matter how much I loved her, she clearly didn't feel the same. “I've got to get back to La Push.”

“Beau... if you change your mind, please come back to me.”

In spite of myself, I muttered, “Who knows, maybe someday.”

Then I ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.