Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, July 27, 2020

Rebirth and Affliction Sneak Peek

A brief teaser of Chapter 20 - Compromise:

We ran side by side for several minutes before Edythe spoke, “Can I ask you something and get a completely honest answer?”

Her words caught me off guard, but I answered immediately, “Of course.”

“Why did you back out after asking me to marry you?”

The question caught me off guard, and I pulled my hand from hers. “I didn't really back out.”

“Oh? You could have fooled me.”

“You do realize I was only seventeen when I d... was turned, right? Maybe in the teens of the nineteen hundreds getting married at seventeen was commonplace, but it's pretty much unheard of in today's age.” I took a deep breath. “When I sort of asked you –” I honestly still didn't think I'd truly asked her. “– it was with this assumption that we'd do it someday. We live forever, after all, but suddenly it was being pushed on me by Archie and you. Before I met you, I'd never thought of being with someone for a lifetime – never even really thought about sex, at least not any more than in an obscure health class sort of way. And I didn't have anyone to talk to about anything; no father to tell me I was making the right choice or give me a pep talk, no best friends to ask about past experiences, and no clue what I was doing. The truth is, if I hadn't met you, I doubt I ever would have married. So with the pushing, I simply... wasn't ready.”

She came to a stop, so I did as well.

“Are you saying that, what? You were worried you wouldn't know how to have sex with me?”

I was sort of surprised she'd actually understood what I was getting at with my rambling, but I scowled and looked away. “I know there's a hell of a lot more to it than the insert tab a into slot b that is taught in health class. Who was I supposed to talk to about my concerns? Certainly not Royal, and completely forget about Archie – even imagining the conversation if I went to Archie is terrifying. That leaves Earnest, and I simply... can't”

“There is Carine.” Edythe pointed out.

“You're right, she is a doctor so I suppose for a very clinical explanation I could have gone to her, but that wasn't really what I wanted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.