Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Monday, August 5, 2019

The Big Question

I think it's the question any writer; be it an author, fanfic writer, script writer, etc gets asked at some point.

The big one.

Why don't you write faster?

And let me be clear, I've seen fanfic authors who were posting 5k+ a day and still get this question. So I know everyone gets asked it at some point.

I don't have an answer for anyone but me. And I'm still not sure I can explain it. For me, whether I'm making a post, writing a fanfic, original fic, or poem, or posting something elsewhere I have a few different pieces I deal with.

I won't call them voices in my head, because they're truly not, its more like instinct than anything else.

I talk about my muse all the time, which is, in essence, what inspires my writing. And when the muse and I don't get along, the writing sort of sucks.

But it's not the only thing I have to work with. There's the banner fairy, which is what helps me make my banners and choose what images I post. The prompt angel, which is almost exclusively used for stuff on facebook, but does have other uses. And finally there's the pull, which is my drive to finish something.

Unfortunately these for unique instincts or voices don't often work in harmony, and it's only when they work in that I get the most out of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.