Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Rebirth and Affliction Lost Moment



Someone Else's Tale



I groaned softly, the kick to my abdomen a sharp reminder of why I shouldn't be running. But I would die before I let myself be captured... again. 

I'd had plans - before a small chance of fate had allowed me to escape - to kill both myself and my unborn child. 

In spite of my immortal status... it was possible. There were ways for beings such as myself to die. In fact even as I ran with a destination of safety in mind, I was dying. The child I was carrying was killing me. Of course, that was the price for having his child. He was the oldest of our kind, and it was considered an honor to be mated by him, but the truth was that the blood of our species had been diluted over the generations... And I was over thirty generations removed from him.

When I'd gotten pregnant, more than five months ago, I'd known it was a death sentence. But still... for the first couple of months, I'd tried. I'd hunted in a religious way, eating the raw organs that would keep me the most healthy. But then I'd been captured. 

And for over three months I'd been imprisoned. I'd prepared to end my own my life in order to keep them from getting their hands on my child... Then a miracle had happened, there'd been an upset in the castle above the catacombs which I'd been locked in. It had caused the one guarding me to check on what was going on. I'd escaped the instant their heads were turned - and I wouldn't go back, no matter what. 

I ran even harder. If I could just make it to Siberia, I'd be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.