Disclaimer

I do not own The Twilight Saga, Life and Death, or any other story that my fanfictions are based on.

Also most teasers, sneak peeks, lost moments, and other material on this site are unedited and as such may have errors, may be subject to some changes, etc.

Click for the Poll for the Rebirth and Affliction shorts

Poll for Rebirth and Affliction

survey tool Another Chance, An Escapee's Future, and The Unfortunate End of Bradley Tanner are not listed on the poll because we ...

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Missed You Just Right, Part V

The conclusion to


Part V

Even though I didn't have love of my own, watching my friends be happy was enough for me - at least it was once I got over my initial jealousy... But life is fragile, even more so when someone has no will to live. 

Vanessa was such a person. She was clinically depressed, something that I never realized until after she took her own life. I blamed myself for not realizing it was coming, Jake blamed himself, and we blamed each other. 

It's not the most romantic start to a relationship, but the pain and the anger ultimately brought us back together, and in the late summer of 2009 I married him under a full on first beach.

I'm the first to admit our relationship isn't perfect. We aren't soulmates or imprints or whatever you want to call it. There's pain and tragedy that surrounds us, but there's beauty as well, and we have a son. He's our whole world. Though soon he'll have to share that title as I'm about seven months along with my second pregnancy. This one's a girl. We're going to name her Alice Vanessa, so if you do someday read this read letter would tell Alice that I never forgot her. 

I'll never forget any of you, after all, I'm pretty sure you were my true soul mate. But I'm happy now. So I thank you for leaving. I thank you making me move on. 

I hope that, by the time you read this letter, you've found whatever you were looking for that I could never give you.

It turns out I missed you just right,

Bella

I put the pen down and folded the letter, carefully putting it in an unmarked envelope. I'd slide it under the front door of the Cullens old house in a few days when I got around to driving there.

I turned to watch my son and he played with one of his stuffed toys.

***

"Got the last box packed?" I asked Jake as I peeked into our bedroom, or our old bedroom actually.

He ran a strip of packing tape over the lid. "Yep. Are you sure we want to do this? Move to New Orleans?"
I shook my head. "It's a little late for us to back out now. You have a job waiting for you at an auto-body shop and I've been officially transferred to New Orleans Police Department. Besides, the sale of this house was finalized yesterday, remember?" 

I walked the rest of the way into the room, walking over to where Jake stood. I'd offer to help lift the box, but even though he hadn't shifted in almost three years he was still stronger than a normal human - stronger than me. 

"The kids are in the car, so I'm going to get going. Remember, we're stopping for the night at the Best Western in Boise."

He leaned down, giving me a quick kiss. "I'll see you there." 

I turned and left the room, heading to my car and getting in. I glanced briefly at the moving truck Jake would be driving before starting my vehicle and pulling away from our old house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your continued support and presence.